Moving is never an easy process, even for the most organized individuals. It seems like everything always goes wrong, and there’s never enough time to get everything done. Don’t worry, though. If you’re looking to make moving locally within Sacramento less stressful, this is the perfect guide to get you on track.
Come Up With A Plan
It’s not enough to just start packing. You need a plan. If you’re somewhat of a strategist, you should know by now that the key to a successful move is preparation. Below are some useful considerations when outlining your plan:
- Create a moving checklist. It’s pretty easy to lose track of things during the chaos of a move. To avoid this, write down your goals and objectives in a small notebook or on your phone. This way, you’ll have a reference whenever you feel lost on what to do next.
- Make a timeline. You can’t wrap up a move in a single day. Nor can you afford for it to take weeks or months either. The best thing you can do is divide the relocation into different stages and allocate each phase to a given timeframe. For instance, two months out from the move, you might focus on selling your unwanted furniture and other belongings, then a month out you might start packing items that you don’t need on a daily basis. Creating a timeline will help ensure you are prepared for moving day.
- Sort out your inventory. Since you’re going to pack your stuff at some point, you might as well make it easier later on. Sort through your closets and cupboards and decide what you will bring, sell, or throw away.
Hire a Reliable Moving Company
Choosing the right moving company contributes a lot to a successful move. When you hire movers with substantial experience, you’ll have a partner who’s with you every step of the way. They know the ins and outs of moving better than anyone. That said, here are some of the top-rated Sacramento moving companies worth checking out:
Cheap Sacramento Movers
When it comes to affordability, this company is the king. The team offers price comparisons from licensed and insured moving companies in Sacramento. Cheap Sacramento Movers makes securing affordable but reliable local moving labor easier.
Phone Number: (916) 915-0815
Address: 1715 I St, Sacramento, CA 95811
Visit Their Site: https://www.cheapsacramentomovers.com/
A Simple Way to Move
Call these guys whenever you feel like your move’s too big for you to handle. Offering a wide array of services, there’s no relocation demand they can’t satisfy. Additionally, you can expect them to wrap up your move on the same day, so you can get settled into your new home that much sooner.
Phone Number: (916) 218-9540
Address: 7104 Kilconnell Dr, Elk Grove, CA 95758
Visit Their Site: www.asimplewaytomove.com
Top Sacramento Moving Company
From packing your stuff to loading your belongings to arranging them in your new home, Top Sacramento Moving Company does everything with enthusiasm and discipline. Just sit back and let them do the magic.
Phone Number: (916) 694-0544
Address: Sacramento, CA
Visit Their Site: https://topsacramentomoving.com/
Gather the Right Supplies
Once you’ve got your movers in check, it’s time to prepare for the big day. Make sure you have the supplies you need by listing them all on your moving supply checklist. You can ask for some boxes from your neighbors or buy cheap ones at Lowe’s or Home Depot. You can also save using old sheets for cushioning and old newspapers to wrap things instead of buying packing paper (just don’t use newsprint to wrap china!). Moreover, purchase a ton of clean trash bags to stuff your clothes in.
Downsize Your Home Inventory
Moving might be stressful, but it’s also an opportunity to declutter your home and get rid of all the stuff you don’t need. Not only will you free more space, but you’ll also dramatically reduce the cost of your move. The best way to do so is to go room by room and start purging extra belongings. Look around for things you’re not using and decide if you can live without them. If yes, you have the option of selling them online or giving them away to your neighbors or a local charity.
Simple Packing Hacks
The first step to packing for a move is to create a checklist of your entire moving inventory. Next is to figure out what room you’ll tackle first. The kitchen is the best room to start with since it’s the most compartmentalized one. Clearing it will make other rooms seem a whole lot easier. That said, here are some practical hacks you could use:
- Don’t remove items from the dresser. Pack it as is. You can secure the drawers with movers’ wrap to keep them from opening in transit.
- Put laundry and everyday clothes inside the clean trash bags you’ve bought.
- Pack books and plates inside suitcases
- Don’t bother folding formal clothes. Get a wardrobe-type moving box and hang them.
- Pack an essentials box to help you survive the first few days of the transition. With your essentials packed separately, you won’t have to root through all your boxes to find things you need.
- Place jewelry and small items in separate Ziploc bags
- Use a color-coding label system to make unpacking easier later on.
What To Do on Moving Day
Your goal on the big day is to make things easier for your movers. Try to keep your kids and pets out of the way to avoid distractions and accidents. Try to give clear instructions on what goes where to minimize delays. Local moves should be a piece of cake as long as no other incidents occur. That being said, sit back and enjoy the ride. You’ll be at your new place in no time.